Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Books on "Tape"

So, I have a huge collection of books on tape for my listening centers and one of my summer projects is to transfer them all to CD's.  I started in on the project today and some of them are so distorted, I just had to throw them away.  Now some of these are tapes that I have used for years and the kids never said anything about not being able to understand what they were saying.  They sound like the Charlie Brown teacher!  I even have one from probably one of my first years teaching where there is no signal to turn the page, you actually hear the narrator turning the page.  No music like most of them have, just the narrator reading and on the flip side a different narrator reads the story in cloze.  Now I have had this tape for over 20 years...have I never listened to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment